Rio Grande School, a private independent elementary school for students in pre-kindergarten through sixth grade, is seeking candidates for the following positions:
1. Library Media Specialist
The Library Media Specialist at Rio Grande School is a part-time position (three days per week) and reports directly to the Head of School. Salary is based on degrees obtained and years of experience. Previous library and/or school library experience is preferred. The position is governed by the Employee Handbook and those regulations governing part-time faculty.
The Library Media Specialist’s primary responsibilities include:
- Library Media instruction for students in grades Early Childhood through 6th grade;
- Administering the school library and circulation system (LibraryWorld), which includes maintaining the quality, order and currency of the collection;
- Participating in the curriculum review process with other co-curricular educators to support and integrate with classroom curriculum;
- Implementing digital resources and evaluating emerging technologies;
- Managing the library budget;
- Coordinating volunteers and library assistants;
- Attending all faculty meetings and school events as needed;
- Participating in rotating faculty duties, such as recess supervision;
- Coordinating annual Book Fair and Birthday Book Program;
- Assessing and evaluating student progress and preparing student progress reports;
- Other duties, as assigned by the Head of School.
2. Full-Time Main Office Administrator (40 hours per week)
The Office Administrator position is a full-time year-round position reporting to the Director of Finance and Operations. This position requires general computer knowledge (including Microsoft Word and Excel), an ease in learning new software programs as needed, strong organizational, writing, editing, and people skills, and a sense of professionalism in maintaining confidentiality and working with others.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reception and Front Office Administration including answering phones, greeting and assisting parents and visitors. Also supporting the Head of School and Director of Finance and Operations, maintaining employee and student records, and general administrative tasks in support of the school.
- Development/Fundraising Support including recording and tracking all donations, generating tax and thank you letters, and working with and supporting the parent volunteers on the various fund raising efforts.
- Accounting Support including processing both accounts receivable and accounts payable.
Qualified individuals will have at a minimum a bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years experience working in a fast paced office environment; school experience would be a plus. Compensation will be determined by years of relevant experience.
Interested individuals should email a cover letter, resume, and 3-5 references to Rich Virgin @ email@example.com
3. Substitute Teachers
- Associates degree required; BA preferred
- Classroom experience required
- Compensation is $16 per hour.
Rio Grande School does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, and national or ethnic origin in its hiring practices.